How Travel has helped me prepare for a 10K

On November 6th I will attempt to run a 10K. Here is the first installment of how my trip to Virginia and North Carolina is helping me prepare for this event.
A Delightful Dinner with Nat, Tara and the kids at Hog's Heaven Complete with Hush Puppies

A trip to the North Carolina State Fair Prepared me by introducing

Deep Fried Oreo's

Deep Fried Reese Cups


Deep Fried Snickers Bar

Thank Goodness for adventures or the caloric intake may have made this my final resting place!
We hiked Cox Mountain




And Enjoyed the views from the Jockey Sand dunes on the Outer banks Beaches




And dancing on the beach at midnight under a full moon didn't hurt either! ;)


And now I'm off to our final Fling here in Virginia Buz and Ned's BBQ. Winner of the Bobby Flay Throwdown :)

Comments

Erin said…
The deep fried oreo looks like a mouth. I hope you ate it before it ate you :)